July 4, 2010
Thanks to The River Company, I got to raft the Salmon River on the 4th of July weekend just like my characters do in Love Finds You in Sun Valley, Idaho. Originally, my book was set in Sweet Home, Oregon, so it was a bit of a challenge to relocate the whole story once written. Experiencing the actual location is going to help make it much more authentic. Here’s some things I’ll be adding to the story after today…
The trees that grow there look like Christmas trees on stilts.
The jagged mountain range still has snow between its peaks in July.
How do you know if a rafting guide is in the room? He tells you.
Blackberry Rock–the rock one new guide hit, causing her to lose all her rafters, and even worse…one rafter lost her Blackberry phone. The guides now call it Blackberry Rock. (Think I might let one of my characters make this disastrous mistake.)
Redfish Lake had a year where no salmon returned to spawn. The following year, one fish did return. The media nicknamed him “Lonesome Larry.” (I find this symbolic for the situation my hero gets himself into.)
All in all, we had an amazing time–as you can see in the photo of my son. (That’s me in the background wearing a hat and doing all the work.) I will definitely be going back to raft the Salmon, and it’s not because I fell for a raft guide the way my character does…
April 8, 2010
My novel Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico is scheduled to release on May 1.
Here’s a book trailer that Misty Taggart with Trailers to the Stars created for me.
February 16, 2010
Thanks to those of you who’ve commented in recent posts to voice your enthusiasm for the Love Finds You™ fiction series. I’m thrilled to hear from those of you who love this series as much as I do!
I’d like to clarify a few things for those of you who’ve had questions about the series.
- First, several of you have asked for a complete list of all our backlisted titles. Your wish is my command! You can find list of all Love Finds You™ titles by clicking that “Complete Title List” tab at the top of this page. (You can also find these titles, along with story synopses and book covers, at our Summerside Press website.)
- Secondly, a few of you have asked where to find these books. You should find our books in just about all Christian retail outlets and all Wal-Mart stores across the country. They are also available at major bookstores and a number of warehouse stores such as Sam’s Club and Costco. Finally, you are also able to order them online from amazon.com, christianbook.com, barnesandnoble.com, etc. You’ll be able to purchase all of our backlisted titles and recent titles at those sites.
- Finally, while you’re checking out our website for upcoming releases in the Love Finds You™ series, please be sure to check out our new line of romantic-suspense fiction! All titles in this brand-new series are historicals set in the action-packed twentieth century. This books in this series feature women and men finding love in perilous situations and in both domestic and exotic international settings.
February 1, 2010
To celebrate the release of my debut novel, Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania, I’m giving away a very SWEET gift package.
My Box of Chocolate Sweetness giveaway includes the following items:
- An autographed copy of my novel: Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania (I will personalize it to the winner, if they choose.)
- An adorable night-light in the shape of conversation hearts.
- An angel suncatcher, in honor of Sadie’s restaurant, Suncatchers.
- A Gooseberry Patch recipe book of chocolate desserts.
- A natural-wax votive candle and container in the Chocolate Kiss scent.
- A booklet containing coffee-inspired recipes. (In honor of my own coffee addiction!)
- A pack of Gooseberry Patch gourmet coffee.
All of these tasty items are packaged in a handmade box covered in book page paper.
For more information on how to enter this chocolaty giveaway, visit my website at:
As Valentine’s Day approaches, remember to bless those around you with the sweetest of gifts: love…and chocolate. =)
Cerella D. Sechrist
January 30, 2010
My sister once wrote an article entitled “You Gotta Love a First.” I’ve been thinking of that title for the last few weeks as we approach the official release date of my debut novel: Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania
My journey to publication took thirteen years from the time I first began submitting manuscripts at the age of seventeen. Now, I couldn’t be more pleased to have found a home with Summerside Press for the release of my first book.
This is me at Borders this past week, standing proudly beside the poster of Love Finds You in Hershey!
My contribution to the Love Finds You series tells the story of Chef Sadie Spencer, who has learned that in life, as well as in food, sour balances sweet. After returning to her deliciously charming hometown of Hershey with a young daughter in tow, Sadie has managed to rise from the ashes following the death of her husband, the passing of her mother, and the dissolution of her career as a TV chef. With the help and encouragement of her best friend, Jasper, she opens a restaurant and looks forward to savoring the sweet side of life. That is, until a handsome Russian entrepreneur arrives in town, apparently intent on opening up his own restaurant in direct competition to hers. Sadie becomes obsessed with honing the one skill she’s never had – creating desserts – to keep up with her adversary, and in the process, she finds a love that’s simply icing on the cake.
Be sure to visit my website at www.cerelladsechrist.com where you’ll find lots of fun additions to LFY Hershey including a video trailer, photo gallery, soundtrack suggestions, recipes from the book, a blog by the main character and more!
And this February, be sure to stay sweet. =)
Cerella D. Sechrist
October 1, 2009
Hello! I’m Lauralee Bliss, a new author with Summerside Press, and I am pleased to announce my new historical romance, Love Finds You In Bethlehem, New Hampshire! I invite you to view the book trailer and also, I invite you to visit my special blog at http://www.lovefindsyouinbethlehem.blogspot.com
September 26, 2009
by Sandie Bricker
I wanted to let everyone know that Summerside Press has a hot new devotional coming out in October. Ok, so I wrote it … along with Andrea Boeshaar, Debby Mayne and Loree Lough. We’re so proud of Be Still … and Let Your Nail Polish Dry. It’s especially geared toward busy women on-the-go, and a portion of the proceeds are going to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Being a five-year survivor of stage 3 ovarian cancer, I’m particularly touched by our connection to OCRF. And I hope you’ll all support us by buying a copy for yourself, and a copy for your best girlfriend! And please feel free to TALK IT UP with everyone you know.
Book trailer: http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=7ee43d7f3bc84e9a834d
We also have a blog dedicated to the book at http://bestilldevos.blogspot.com and I hope you’ll feel free to stop by now and then. All four authors contribute to the blog, and topics run the gamut of women’s issues from health and wellness to friendships and family to general girl power.
Let us know what you think of the devo! And special thanks to Summerside Press and Connie Troyer for the dedication to making Be Still into something really special and very unique!